Written by Amy Lipton
Looking to start the year off right. Here are a few ideas to get you on your way.
1. Breathe! Get some fresh air walking through Boston Common; visit the shops and restaurants in Coolidge Corner or Newton Centre; explore Harvard Square; have a cup of coffee in one of the many local parks; or take a walk around a reservoir.
2. If it’s too cold outside to exercise, try some yoga. Many studios offer great deals at the start of the year for new customers.
4. Create a new habit for 2019. James Clear’s Atomic Habits: How to Get 1% Better Every Day
5. Look into lowering your energy costs. Start with an energy audit if you haven’t already done so. Some are free, and you can lower your monthly costs by making a few small changes or a big one like installing energy efficient windows, or insulation (I recommend closed cell spray foam).
6. Start a project you’ve been putting off...paint, change kitchen hardware, steam clean carpets, or refinish floors. Sometimes a small change can make a big difference.
7. Declutter and get organized. Donate what you no longer need.
8. If you’re a homeowner, make sure you have the best coverage and home insurance rate.
9. Are you taking advantage of your local residential tax exemption? Some towns also offer additional exemptions for seniors besure to check your town or city website.
10. Have you been putting off updating your will or estate plan?
The beginning of the year provides an opportunity to expose your best self. It’s a great time to think about where and how you’d like to live. If you’re thinking about a change or a real estate investment let me know.
Wishing you a wonderful 2019.